2019-20 review of pupil premium grant at Burnsall
IMPACT of pupil premium spending for 2019 – 2020
The impact of measures put in place to support children is based on teacher assessment up until February 2020; due to COVID no formal or teacher assessments were able to take place after this date. During the Autumn Term baseline assessments will take place in maths, reading and SPAG to determine gaps in learning and measures to be put in place to address these.
- Additional TA support in the classroom, at the beginning of the school year, enabled focussed intervention groups and same day intervention to accelerate progress. Resulting in improvement of comprehension skills and enthusiasm for writing.
- 1:1 support with the writing process enabled staff to scribe for children, increasing confidence, enthusiasm and willingness of children to experiment with extended vocabulary and recognise where appropriate punctuation should be used
- Increase in comprehension practice to develop the use and understanding of language, resulted in increase in confidence and improving ability to use more complex vocabulary and imagination in independent writing.
- Maths intervention to support basic number work had increased progress in class
- Improvement of phonetical knowledge due to precision teaching and additional support from all staff
- Increase in parental engagement impacting on more thorough systems of communication between home and school