In carrying out their functions, public bodies – including schools – are required to have due regard to the need to:-
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act,
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it,
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
At Burnsall Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of provision for everyone throughout the school community. One statement of Our Aims and Visions says:-
“We will continue to build upon our high standards and aspiring to achieve excellence through teamwork in education for all, developing the potential of all members of our learning community.”
Our equality objectives for 2018 – 2022 are:-
- To promote understanding and respect for differences.
- To improve provision for pupils for whom English is an additional language, particularly for children where English is not spoken at home
- To provide training for all staff and governors on equality and diversity
To help us achieve these objectives, we:-
- Ensure our Behaviour Policy is implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Follow the guidelines in our statement of British Values
- Uphold the Christian ethos of the school.
- Regularly review our learning resources to ensure they meet the learning needs of our children
- Regularly review staff and governor training needs.
Autumn term 2018